Executive Director (Full-time)
Description: The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of iMOCA, with a focus on fundraising, business operations, exhibitions and programs.
Education and Experience: Master’s degree preferred in Philanthropy, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, Art History, Visual Arts or Museum Studies. Priority will be given to those applicants who have demonstrated a successful history of donor engagement and fundraising in an arts or cultural institution. Candidates with significant experience working with contemporary art will be given the highest consideration.
- Five years of experience in an artistic or cultural institution. At least three years at a leadership level preferred.
- Five years of fundraising and marketing experience for a museum or another nonprofit organization.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, vision and strategic direction. Experience developing and implementing strategic plans.
- Evidence of success in developing, managing, and growing an annual operating budget. Strong business management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards and best practices for museums or cultural institutions, as well as a history of involvement in relevant professional organizations.
- Competence in managing operations, including personnel matters. Demonstrated ability to supervise, as well as to work successfully with, staff, board, volunteers, and diverse public constituencies.
- Strong record of success in fundraising and audience development.
- Demonstrated experience with exhibition and special event planning.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and public speaking.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively, diplomatically, and effectively with boards, volunteers, and in community relations and outreach capacities.
- Excellent planning, time management and decision-making skills. Working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, email, calendar/scheduling, and word processing software.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Deadline to apply is June 30, 2018.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest to Casey Cronin, Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
iMOCA offers a limited number of internships for undergraduate and graduate students interested in working and gaining experience in a contemporary art setting.
- Internships are offered year-round and tasks vary. Projects/internship tasks include: visual communication, marketing, social media, PR, and art installation/handling.
- In order to be considered for an internship at iMOCA, please submit a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest and availability to email@example.com.
iMOCA is always in need of great volunteers. Ways to get involved include:
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Exhibition Openings
- Lectures and Films
- Special Events
- Grant Writing
For more information on volunteering at iMOCA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.